Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Alfred G. Jones

25 March 2014

1864 – Design for Wesleyan Chapel, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Largely constructed as designed and still standing today. The adjoining resident was never constructed. “It is of Early English character, about 53 feet in length by 22 feet, terminating...

12 March 2014

1875 – W.H. Smith & Co., Middle Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Built at Nos. 79-80 Middle Abbey Street for W.H. Smith whose assets and business in Ireland was eventually taken over by Charles Eason and Son in 1886. Probably a...

11 March 2014

1868 – St. Paul’s Church of Ireland, Glenageary, Co. Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones The cost of this church was provided out of a bequest by a Miss Jane Shannon, a wealthy lady of Belfast, left to build a number of churches in...

07 March 2014

1877 – Christian Union Buildings, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones The Christian Union Buildings in Lower Abbey Street were erected on the site of the Metropolitan Hall, formerly the Music Hall. The Metropolitan was a centre of Evangelicalism in...

03 March 2014

1867 – No.59 Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones A former house converted into a commercial premises for J.B. Johnstone, military and merchant tailor. Later referred to as J.B. Johnstone of London, Dublin & Bombay, so they must...

07 June 2013

1886 – St. Thomas’s Parochial Hall, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Constructed during 1885-86 to complement the adjoining church of 1762 by John Smyth. The church and hall were gutted by fire which destroyed most of the O’Connell Street area...

23 March 2013

1879 – Wesley College, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Wesley College was founded in 1845 on St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin as a Methodist Foundation but welcomes students of all faiths. It was originally proposed that to build a...

07 March 2013

1865 – Methodist Church, Northgate St, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Unusual looking Methodist church with two side gateways incorporated into the main facade, surmounted by two solid pinnacles. Like many Methodist chapels of the period in the UK, it...

19 December 2012

1880 – Royal University of Ireland, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones The former Coburg Gardens (now Iveagh Gardens) hosted the Dublin International Exhibition of 1865 and a further exhibition in 1874. After the exhibitions, the building were converted to examination...

Pages:12Next »