Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Alfred G. Jones

07 March 2013

1865 – Methodist Church, Northgate St, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Unusual looking Methodist church with two side gateways incorporated into the main facade, surmounted by two solid pinnacles. Like many Methodist chapels of the period in the UK, it...

19 December 2012

1880 – Royal University of Ireland, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones The former Coburg Gardens (now Iveagh Gardens) hosted the Dublin International Exhibition of 1865 and a further exhibition in 1874. After the exhibitions, the building were converted to examination...

27 May 2011

1869 – St. Barnabas’ Church, Upper Sheriff St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Designed in a Perpendicular Gothic style, as part of a bequest as a Mariner’s Church costing 4,000 pounds. Demolished in 1969.

24 June 2010

1863 – Design for Exhibition Palace & Winter Garden, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones “The committee, as our readers are aware, selected from the designs for this work submitted in competition, one by Mr. Alfred G. Jones, of Dublin. We have engraved a...

05 February 2010

1865 – Dublin Exhibition

Architect: Alfred G. Jones This was the second of three major International Exhibitions held in Dublin, constructed on what later became Iveagh Gardens – a previous exhibition was held in Merrion Square (1853...

01 February 2010

1864 – Christchurch Methodist Church, Sandymount, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Pretty little church building in its own extensive grounds. The church is a simple Gothic Revival design with a decorative rose window in the west fa├žade. The porch was...

Pages:« Prev12