Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Armagh

15 October 2014

1903 – Armagh & District Co-operative Society, Armagh

Architect: Henry C. Parkinson Fine commercial building on a corner site adjoining the Northern Bank – now demolished and replaced by a larger, modern building which attempts to replicate some elements of the...

06 October 2014

1880 – Milford House, Armagh

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Heavily remodelled and extended by Young & Mackenzie in 1880 for local mill owner Robert Garmany Mc Crum. Described as the most technologically advanced house in 19th century Ireland...

28 May 2013

1770 – Archbishop’s Palace, Armagh

Architect: Thomas Cooley / Francis Johnston Constructed as a large two-storey house, 7 bays wide by 4 bays deep, to designs by Thomas Cooley for Archbishop Richard Robinson. An additional floor was later...

01 December 2011

1840 – Design for St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh

Architect: Thomas Duff St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh, as designed by Thomas J. Duff of Newry, c. 1840. Published in John Gallogly: The History of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh, M. H. Gill & Son,...

28 September 2009

1837 – Scotch Church, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray A simple church with a plain and shallow Palladian fa├žade with a central doorway. The interior features a curving carved balcony. Fine ironwork gates and piers.

28 September 2009

1860 – St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh

Architects: Thomas Duff / J.J. McCarthy / G.C. Ashlin / Liam McCormack The second of the cathedrals of Armagh, the Roman Catholic Cathedral is sited on a hill to compete with the older...

28 September 2009

2002 – Market Place Arts Centre, Armagh

Architect: Glenn Howells The Market Place Theatre and Arts Centre is Armagh’s state of the art cultural and conference facility in the heart of this historic city, in the city’s old Market Place....

28 September 2009

1896 – First Trust Bank, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: Watt & Tulloch In comparison to earlier bank buildings, this First Trust branch (AIB in the Republic of Ireland) is relatively modest

28 September 2009

1912 – Church of Ireland Diocesan Hall, Armagh

Architects: W. Jervais & Richard Orpen Built across the street from the main entrance to the Church of Ireland Cathedral, the Diocesan Hall is a neo-Elizabethan building from 1912. The interior features intersecting...

Pages:1234Next »