Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Ashlin & Coleman

14 July 2014

2005 – Unbuilt Royal Dublin Hotel, Dublin

Architect: Ashlin Coleman Unbuilt proposal by Ashlin Coleman to replace the Royal Dublin Hotel on O’Connell Street with a more modern and upmarket hotel. The hotel was demolished but this was never constructed.

03 February 2014

1838 – St. John The Baptist Church, Clontarf, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne / Ashlin & Coleman Original church designed by Patrick Byrne in a Perpendicular Gothic, opened in 1838. Described in Lewis Topographical Dictionary of Ireland: “Clontarf chapel was built after a...

14 March 2013

1872 – St Mary’s Church, Edgeworthstown, Co. Longford

Architect: William Caldbeck / Ashlin & Coleman Designed by William Caldbeck in 1869 and constructed on a site donated by the local landowners, the Edgeworths. Later tower and spire were added by Ashline...

05 November 2011

1932 – St. Mary’s Church, Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Ashlin & Coleman New church constructed on site of church of 1749. The Altar rails (1931) and Lady Altar (1931) were supplied by Giorgio Favilla.

22 October 2011

1906 – St. Mary`s Church, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Walter G. Doolin / Ashlin & Coleman Selected after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of 1841. The foundation stone was laid in 1892, and the church was largely complete...

17 August 2010

Ashlin, George Coppinger (1837-1921)

Ashlin was born on 28 May 1837, in a house named “Carrigrenane” in Little Island, Co Cork. He received his early education at the Collège de St Servais, Liège. While at St Mary’s...

07 April 2010

1920 – Clery’s Department Store, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Ashlin & Coleman A Dublin landmark – opposite the General Post Office on O’Connell Street, Clery’s has for generations being a Dublin and indeed Irish tradition – meeting under the clock being...

26 January 2010

1902 – St. Peter’s Church, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George Goldie / Ashlin & Coleman The chancel and transepts were erected, together with a great central tower by George Goldie in the early 1860s. But the construction of the tower proved...

13 November 2009

1867 – Ferrybank Catholic Church, Co. Waterford

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin / Ashlin & Coleman Built in two phases, this church was started by Pugin & Ashlin in 1867. They added a tower and spire to the front of a...

Pages:12Next »