Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Ballsbridge

27 February 2014

1938 – Irish Sweepstakes Building, Ballsbridge, Co. Dublin

Architect: Robinson & Keefe Office complex built in 1937-38 as the administration centre of the world wide business (and possibly world wide con job) that was the Irish Sweepstakes. Constructed after the previous...

21 May 2013

1971 – Texaco House, Ballsbridge, Dublin

Architect: David Keane & Partners One of the earliest use of load-bearing precast concrete perimeter units and glass curtain walling in Dublin. With its dark recessed glazing, the strong geometric forms of the...

11 June 2012

1968 – Offices, Burlington Road, Dublin

Architect: Tyndall Hogan Hurley Formerly in use as back-office accommodation for Allied Irish Banks. Demolished to make way for new office accommodation in early 21st century. The main architectural feature was the stairwell,...

08 June 2012

1969 – No.2 Burlington Road, Dublin

Architect: Tyndall Hogan Hurley Originally when completed, the window bands were fully glazed, with 5 panels of clear glass. Later, tinted panels were inserted to create a combination of glass and solid panels...

02 April 2012

1972 – Carrick House, Burlington Road, Dublin

Architect: Stephenson Gibney & Associates Originally, at the time of completion, the ground floor area was open, the building being raised on columns. Like the nearby Institute of Advanced Studies, also by Stephenson...

01 April 2012

2008 – Number One, Ballsbridge, Dublin

Architect: HKR Architects These new buildings will be centred around two new plazas and two new shared pedestrian streets. The mixed-use buildings, including retail, leisure and cultural frontages, will line the New Shelbourne...

03 February 2011

2008 – AIB Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin

Architects: RKD Architects The new AIB building is located adjacent to the existing buildings built in the 1970’s at Bank Centre. The building had to incorporate the existing campus and provide a new...

23 June 2010

2010 – Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Architects: Scott Tallon Walker & Populous Aviva Stadium, previously called the Lansdowne Road Stadium, hosted its first game of international rugby in 1878. The 50,000 seat stadium will be used for international rugby...

12 June 2010

1880s – House, Burlington Road, Dublin

Remnant of one of the fine Victorian mansions that once lined Burlington Road. Now repositioned beside the second generation of office blocks that replaced them.

Pages:1234Next »