Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Ballsbridge

20 January 2010

1879 – Former Pembroke Town Hall, Merrion Road, Dublin

Architect: E.H. Carson Now used by the City of Dublin Vocational Education Committee, the former Pembroke Town Hall was designed by E.H. Carson, the father of Edward Carson, the Unionist Leader, in 1879....

20 January 2010

1882 – Former Masonic Girl’s School, Merrion Road, Dublin

Architect: McCurdy & Mitchell The former Former Masonic Girl’s School has now been redeveloped by Bewleys as an hotel, with additional bedroom blocks built in a similar style to the south and west...

20 January 2010

1978 – Allied Irish Banks Headquarters, Merrion Road, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe Devane A commercial headquarters on a US model with its heavily landscaped grounds, the AIB Bankgroup building was developed on lands belonging to the Royal Dublin Society across the road....

20 January 2010

1995 – United Kingdom Embassy, Merrion Road, Dublin

Architect: Allies and Morrison Selected after an architectural competition, the embassy is arranged around a central courtyard, a cloister-like space shaping the organisation of the plan. All the main rooms of the embassy;...

20 January 2010

2001 – Four Seasons Hotel, Merrion Road, Dublin

Architect: Wimberley Allison Tong and Goo According to the Four Seasons Hotel, this horrendous building “combines both Georgian and Victorian architectural styles”. The architect Mr Chun summarised his work as “an interpretation of...

20 January 2010

1894 – St. Mary’s Church, Haddington Road, Dublin

Architects: Charles Geoghegan, J.J. O’Callaghan & W.G. Doolin St Mary’s is the product of the work of several architects. In 1839 the original church on the site was constructed. In 1879, the rounded...

20 January 2010

1900 – Hibernian Hotel, Eastmoreland Place, Dublin

Architect: Albert E. Murray Designed as the nurses’ home for Royal City of Dublin Hospital on nearby Baggot Street, this is now a hotel. It was designed by the same architect as the...

20 January 2010

1864 – St Bartholomew’s Church of Ireland, Clyde Road, Dublin

Architect: T.H. Wyatt On a wonderful leafy corner site in the heart of suburban Ballsbridge, Bartholomew’s was designed in a Gothic Revival for Sidney Herbert, of the Earls of Pembroke. The original design...

20 January 2010

2003 – EBS, Burlington Road, Dublin

Architect: Brian O’Halloran and Associates Fine office headquarters for the Educational Building Society, designed by Brian O’Halloran and Associates, the tinted glazing is particularly eye-catching. Compared to many of the office buildings constructed...