Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Bank of Montreal

01 August 2012

1890 – The Bank of Montreal, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson Architects Child & Wilson was one of the first large practices in Alberta. Their successful practice was responsible for the design of many of the landmark buildings constructed of...

01 August 2011

1923 – Bank of Montreal Building, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Frederick Rea A branch of the Bank of Montreal had existed on this site since 1886. In the late 1920s, it was decided to build a new building on the site to...

06 May 2010

1913 – Bank of Montreal, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: McKim, Mead and White At the centre of Portage and Main, the Bank of Montreal branch was designed by McKim, Mead and White of New York, America’s leading exponents of Beaux-Arts Classicism....

28 April 2010

1927 – Former Bank of Montreal, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Kenneth Guscotte Rea Fine little classical bank building nestled into a block of Portage Avenue. Now the offices of the Downtown Biz association, the building has fine Corinthian capitals on crisply incised...

11 December 2009

1886 – Hockey Hall of Fame (Former Bank of Montreal), Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Darling & Curry Designed in 1885-86 to replace a building that was not yet thirty years old, because it was not grand enough for the aspirations of the Bank of Montreal, and...

11 December 2009

1910 – Former Bank of Montreal, Yonge St., Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Darling & Pearson Originally constructed 1909-10, with an addition on Queen Street in 1920. Interiors altered 2001-02.

30 September 2009

1892 – Bank of Montreal Branch, Montreal, Quebec

Architect: Taylor & Gordon Constructed at Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest & Rue Mansfield, and still existing although not in use as a bank. Later extended on the Mansfield facade, this is a fine sandstone...

02 August 2009

1905 – Bank of Montreal, Regina, Saskatchewan

Typical of many smaller bank branches from this time, with living accommodation above the commercial floor. Built to replace a building of 1897 that was destroyed by fire. Demolished in 1950.