Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

banks

31 March 2014

1863 – National Bank, Mountmellick, Co. Laois

Architect: William Caldbeck Bank branch designed for the National Bank by William Caldbeck, alongside his townhall. Now a branch of the Bank of Ireland. “The new National Bank-house at Mountmellick, lately erected by...

28 March 2014

1899 – Isle of Man Banking Company, Douglas

Architect: Alexander Marshall Mackenzie The Isle of Man Bank was formed in 1865, and was acquired by National Provincial Bank in 1961, now part of the Royal Bank of Scotland. This fine bank...

24 March 2014

1864 – National Provincial Bank, Corn St., Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: W. Bruce Gingell Early branch for the National Provincial Bank.

21 March 2014

1903 – First Trust Bank, Hill Street, Newry

Architect: Carroll & Batchelor Now a branch of First Trust, a subsidiary of AIB, but constructed for the Provincial Bank of Ireland, costing £3,912.

21 March 2014

1890 – Danske Bank, Marcus Square, Newry

Architect: William J. Watson Originally constructed as a branch of the Belfast Banking Co., which existed until its 1970 merger to form the Northern Bank, now Danske bank. Watson’s design is a three...

06 March 2014

1863 – Ulster Bank, Waterloo Place, Derry

Architect: Thomas Jackson Fine Italianate bank building by Belfast architect Thomas Jackson. Jackson was architect to the Ulster Bank, and designed many branches but the design of the head office was given to...

02 March 2014

1875 – Bank of Ireland, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: Timothy Hevey The Hibernian Bank aggressively pursued the business of the new Catholic middle classes, and in doing so, used an architectural idiom similar to that being used in the new churches...

02 March 2014

1863 – Ulster Bank, Longford, Co. Longford

Architect: James Bell Fine limestone facade with carved riverine keystones to the windows on the ground floor. Published in The Irish Builder, February 15 1863.

01 March 2014

1890 – 39 Hill Street, Newry, Co. Down

Architect: John Brown Now known as Bank Buildings, but in 1898 was a commercial premises for Lee & Son, pianoforte warehouse.

Pages:1234567...28Next »