Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

banks

12 April 2010

1887 – Capital & Counties Bank, Portsmouth, Hampshire

Architect: J. Henry Ball Over the years, Lloyds Bank has expanded through a series of mergers, including purchasing the Capital and Counties Bank in 1918.

08 April 2010

1839 – Permanent TSB, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Isaac Farrell The original interior long vanished, this fine small bank originally built for the Trustee Savings Bank is still in use today. Flanked by two cut stone archways, the main fa├žade...

07 April 2010

1922 – Allied Irish Banks, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks A fine bank building, finished in high quality stonework, that neatly turns the corner onto Parnell Street. Constructed after damage during the Irish Civil War to the top end...

07 April 2010

1853 – Former Bank, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: David Bryce Built for Standard Life Assurance, the National Irish branch on O’Connell Street has a striking pediment sculpted by Sir John Steele. The fluted Corinthian columns which uphold the pediment create...

21 February 2010

1965 – Bank Of Ireland, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker Miesian infill from Scott Tallon Walker for the Bank of Ireland, whose headquarters in Baggot Street they designed in a similar style. Here the overall feel is not as...

19 February 2010

1919 – Permanent TSB Bank, Upper Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: Fuller & Jermyn Fine ornate bank at the start to the largely Victorian streetscape of Upper Baggot Street. Originally two different buildings, the building has good quality stone and brickwork as well...

19 February 2010

1978 – Bank of Ireland, Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker The Bank of Ireland in Baggot Street is most notable for two things other than its architecture: the amount or Bronze Manganese used in its construction – a commonly...

18 February 2010

1929 – Former Bank, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Jermyn Former bank building, now converted into a bar. Constructed in 1929 for the National Bank. Jermyn was principal assistant to J.F. Fuller before going into partnership with him in 1916,...

17 February 2010

1980 – Central Bank of Ireland, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Stephenson Gibney & Associates Another one of Sam Stephenson’s buildings that was to attract a lot of criticism both for its height and original roofline (in contravention of the Planning Permission) and...