Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

banks

07 January 2010

1896 – Firstactive Bank, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architects: Walter G. Doolin Originally built as a branch of the Munster and Leinster Bank, this building by Walter G. Doolinis a hybrid of styles. The ground floor has an arcade of tall...

07 January 2010

1860 – AXA Insurance, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: William G. Murray The former Provincial Bank is built of Limestone ashlar with an elaborate façade at street-level. The ground floor façade has paired polished granite columns with lush foliage capitals. Above...

07 January 2010

1770 – Tholsel, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: George Darley / W.H. Byrne Used for over one hundred years as a bank branch, the Tholsel is a stern and forbidding building in appearance. It is a tall and narrow building,...

06 January 2010

1931 – Allied Irish Bank, Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Attractive exercise is a retained twentieth century classical built as a branch of the Munster and Leinster Bank. The giant orders give the building an appearance of robust confidence with the attractive fenestration...

06 January 2010

1900 – No.73 Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

A former bank, which has been converted into a shop, it has attractive moulded details that add greatly to its dignified façade.

06 January 2010

1845 – No.16 Park Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: George Halpin / Millar & Symes Designed for the Bank of Ireland by George Halpin, this building was remodelled for Millar and Symes in the first part of the twentieth century. Banded...

06 January 2010

1909 – Bank of Ireland, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Architect: J.P. Wren A wonderfully eccentric design for the Hibernian Bank which mixes a myriad of architectural features. The small tower with corner window and copper dome is the entrance to the manager’s...

31 December 2009

1861 – Allied Irish Bank, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: William G. Murray The Provincial Bank opened in Athlone in 1827. It was the first branch of a large commercial bank to be opened in the town. In 1861 the bank moved...

30 December 2009

1877 – Allied Irish Bank, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: T.M. Deane Originally the Provincial Bank, this branch of AIB is finished with elaborately carved Mountcharles sandstone. Well proportioned, almost square in elevation, the style is vaguely Elizabethan in inspiration.