Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

banks

02 March 2014

1875 – Bank of Ireland, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: Timothy Hevey The Hibernian Bank aggressively pursued the business of the new Catholic middle classes, and in doing so, used an architectural idiom similar to that being used in the new churches...

02 March 2014

1863 – Ulster Bank, Longford, Co. Longford

Architect: James Bell Fine limestone facade with carved riverine keystones to the windows on the ground floor. Published in The Irish Builder, February 15 1863.

01 March 2014

1890 – 39 Hill Street, Newry, Co. Down

Architect: John Brown Now known as Bank Buildings, but in 1898 was a commercial premises for Lee & Son, pianoforte warehouse.

01 March 2014

1889 – Design for Ulster Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: James J. Farrall Unsuccessful competition entry to design new Ulster Bank for College Green. Placed second, and even more over-blown Victorian than the building constructed and eventually wrecked by the bank.

19 February 2014

1898 – London & South Western Bank, Kilburn, London

Architect: Edward Gabriel “This branch bank, which has lately been completed, occupies a prominent position in the High-road, Kilburn, and has been erected for the directors of the London and South- Western Bank...

12 February 2014

1895 – London & Counties Bank, Wimbledon, London

Architect: Cheston & Perkin Horace Cheston and his former assistant Joseph Craddock Perkin practised in partnership in London from 1892 to 1913. Finished in redbrick, sandstone trimming and terracotta. Now a branch of...

31 January 2014

1923 – Northern Bank Buildings, Strabane, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Henry Seaver Fine brick and stone bank on a barrow wedge-shaped corner site. No longer in use as a bank, but now a cellphone store, the carved lettering “bank” still visible over...

24 January 2014

1905 – Bank of Hamilton, Hamilton, Ontario

The original building on this site was constructed in the 1870s. Around 1905, it was decided to expand, and seven storeys were added to the building, using two as a base. In 1921,...

16 January 2014

1898 – Leicestershire Banking Co., Loughborough, Leicestershire

Architect: Goddard, Paget & Goddard “The new premises of the Leicestershire Banking Company, Limited, occupy a commanding position in the Market-place, all the bank offices being placed upon the ground floor. Above them...