Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

banks

22 September 2009

1921 – Merchants National Bank – 122 Broadway, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: G. & W. Hancock A fine corner building with a lot of applied decoration including a glazed tile trim and a large inset panel proudly announcing the original business.

15 September 2009

1797 – First National Bank, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Architect: Samuel Blodgett The First Bank of the United States, originally called the Bank of the United States, operated from 1797-1811, on Third Street, midway between Chestnut and Walnut streets. Samuel Blodgett, architect,...

02 September 2009

1901 – Standard Life Assurance, Edinburgh

Architect: J.M. Dick Peddie Elegant corner building which is now part of a larger office campus for Standard Life Assurance. Quite austere but for the decorative frieze under the cornice and the overly...

02 September 2009

1852 – Bank of Scotland, St. Andrew Square, Edinburgh

Architect: David Bryce Formerly the British Linen Bank but now a branch of the Bank of Scotland, this sumptuous branch is at 38-39 St Andrew Square. The elaborate facade features an order or...

02 September 2009

1847 – The Dome, Edinburgh

Architect: David Rhind Formerly a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland, and now a bar, The Dome has a impressive sequence of interior spaces. A large hallway leads via a short passage...

18 August 2009

1878 – Childs Bank, London

Architect: John Gibson

02 August 2009

1872 – National Provincial Bank of England, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: John Gibson

02 August 2009

1905 – Bank of Montreal, Regina, Saskatchewan

Typical of many smaller bank branches from this time, with living accommodation above the commercial floor. Built to replace a building of 1897 that was destroyed by fire. Demolished in 1950.

31 July 2009

1892 – Camden Safe Deposit & Trust, Camden, New Jersey

Architect: Frank Miles Day & Brothers The Camden Safe Deposit & Trust Company opened its new building at the northeast corner of Broadway and Market Street on October 31, 1892. A new building...