Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

banks

12 July 2011

1889 – National Bank of Washington, Washington DC

Architect: James G. Hill Published in the American Architect and Building News, March 2 1889.

08 July 2011

1889 – Branch Bank of America, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Architect: Charles W. Bolton Bank branch at junction of Lehigh and Germantown Avenues. Now demolished.

17 May 2011

1799 – Unbuilt Dublin – Bank of Ireland

Architect: John Soane In 1799 Sir John Soane designed a bank headquarters for Bank of Ireland on a site bounded by College Street, Westmoreland Street and D’Olier Street, but after the Act of...

30 April 2011

1903 – Knickerbocker Trust Co. Building, New York

Architect: McKim, Mead, and White he Knickerbocker Trust Co. building was completed in 1903 at the corner of 34th Street and 5th Avenue. The building was enlarged by ten stories in 1921, and...

01 April 2011

2007 – Anglo-Irish Bank, North Wall Quay, Dublin

Architect: Traynor O’Toole With the collapse of Anglo-Irish Bank and indeed their architects Traynor O’Toole, work has been stalled for several years on this building. Presently a concrete shell on the quays, the...

28 March 2011

1902 – Former Bank, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Former branch of the Hibernian Bank, later the Bank of Ireland. The building has fine, tiling, panelling and ceiling mouldings intact. The large wooden bank counter is sadly gone.

28 March 2011

1883 – Former Bank, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: Fine bank at the corner of Francis Street and Thomas Street, Dublin. With its fine stonework at streetlevel, this is an important building in the streetscape, marking the start of Thomas Street....

22 March 2011

1919 – Munster & Leinster Bank, O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Fine classical bank building turning a corner elegantly from O’Connell Street onto Abbey Street. The relief sculpture over the door was by George A. Power. No longer in use...

10 February 2011

1874 – Cocks Biddulph & Co’s Bank, Charing Cross, London

Architect: Richard Coad Front elevation published in The Building News, February 27th 1874. Cocks Biddulph & Company was acquired by the Bank of Liverpool and Martins in 1919, when the pattern of banking...