Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Bantry

05 November 2009

1820 – Houses, Wolfe Tone Sq., Bantry, Co. Cork

Semi-detached pair of houses, constructed around 1820, now in use as offices.

05 November 2009

1853 – St. Brendan’s National School, Bantry, Co. Cork

The school was built in 1853 at the expense of Richard White, Earl of Bantry. It opened as a school on 29th January 1855 and opened as a National School on 1st May...

05 November 2009

1842 – Former Methodist Church, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Lee Builder: J. Murphy, Bantry.

05 November 2009

1891 – Former Bank, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Former branch of the Provincial Bank, later merged into Allied Irish Banks.

05 November 2009

1828 – St. Brendan the Navigator, Church of Ireland, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: Henry Edward Kendall Fine Regency Gothic church designed by English architect Henry Edward Kendall. Described by Samuel Lewis, in A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), as ‘a neat edifice in the early...

23 September 2009

1879 – Convent of Mercy Chapel, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: S.F. Hynes The chapel was a later addition to the Romanesque Revival complex, and was designed by S.F. Hynes. “This chapel is to be built in connection with the Convent of Mercy,...