Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Bedfordshire

07 May 2014

1898 – Grand Theatre, Luton, Bedfordshire

Architect: Charles Herbert Shoppee Built adjacent to the swimming baths of 1872, the Grand Theatre was opened on 10th December 1898 with a performance by Lily Langtree. It was designed by London based...

05 June 2013

1919 – Entrance, Skefko Ball Bearing Works, Luton, Bedfordshire

Architect: Alfred Brumwell Thomas Now known as SKF, it was founded in Gothenburg, Sweden by Sven Wingqvist, inventor of the double row self-aligning ball bearing. Founded in Luton in 1911 with 150 employees....

09 March 2013

1868 – Middle Class College, Bedford, Bedfordshire

Architect: Frederick Peck From The Building News: “THIS building is now being erected at Bedford. The college is arranged to accomodate 300 boys. It is a red brick building, with (stone dressings to...

03 March 2013

1868 – Cemetary Chapels, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire

Architect: Ladds & Hooker THE designs for these chapels are by Messrs. J. Ladds and J.M. Hooker, and were selected in open competition from about twenty other sets sent in. The chapels, lodge,...

12 April 2012

1874 – Farm Buildings, Pertenhall, Bedfordshire

Architect: J.T. Bottle Perspective including vignette of ground plan for farm buildings on the estate of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Designed by J.T. Bottle with offices in Falmouth & London. Published in The...

22 November 2010

1901 – House & Garden at Biddenham, Bedfordshire

Architect: C.E. Mallows & Grocock Designed for H.J. Peacock esq. and published in The Building News, August 2nd 1901.

03 November 2010

1899 – House at Apsley Heath, Bedfordshire

Architect: Brewill & Baily “The above house has been erected on a charming site on the outskirts of the Woburn Estate, and in the midst of exquisite woodland scenery. The lower part is...

07 May 2010

1898 – Country House, Bedfordshire

Architect: George P. Allen “This country-house has been erected for Mr. W.U. Allen, J.P. for the county of Bedford. It is built of Weldon stone, and red local tile roof. The main feature...

06 May 2010

1895 – Country House at Bedford, Bedfordshire

Architect: Baillie Scott & Seton Morris Published in The Building News, August 30th 1895.

Pages:12Next »