Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Bindon B. Stoney

01 November 2012

1860 – Graving Dock No.1, Alexandra Basin, Dublin

Architect: Bindon B. Stoney A construction drawing of Graving Dock No.1, which was begun about 1853 and opened on 9 February 1860. It was constructed to be 80 feet wide and 400 feet...

29 March 2012

1879 – Design for Swing Bridge, Dublin

Architect: Bindon B. Stoney Design published in 1879 for bridge over the Liffey at Beresford Place. Eventually called Butt Bridge, it linked the new Tara Street with Beresford Place. It was replaced in...

20 January 2010

1880 – O’Connell Bridge, Dublin

Architect: Bindon B. Stoney Originally designed and built by James Gandon, O’Connell Bridge was built in 1794-98 and named after the then Viceroy – Lord Carlisle. The original bridge had a hump and...

20 January 2010

1874 – Grattan Bridge, Dublin

Architect: Bindon B. Stoney Named after Henry Grattan MP (1746-1820) and opened in 1874. The original bridge on this site was built in 1676 and called Essex Bridge after the Lord Lieutenant Arthur...