Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Birmingham

04 September 2013

1925 – Alabama Power Co. Building, Birmingham, Alabama

Architect: Warren Knight & Davis Atop the building stands a 23-foot-tall bronze statue named Electra, which was erected in 1926. 16 floors and measuring 217 feet in height.

03 October 2012

1871 – Unbuilt design for new Law Courts, Birmingham

Architect: Alfred Langston Competition entry for new Law Courts, Judges Lodgings & Municipal Buildings. Perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, September 29th 1871.

03 October 2012

1897 – Presbyterian Church, Handsworth, Birmingham

Architect: Ingall & Son Perspective View & Ground Plans published in The Building News, November 5th 1897. Unclear if this design was ever constructed.

13 July 2012

1905 – Congregational Church, Sparkhill, Birmingham

Architect: William F. Edwards Although a Congregational Church opened in 1909 which was replaced in 1933, we are unsure if this was the design used. Perspective View including ground plan, published in The...

02 July 2012

1879 – Coopers & Co., Coleshill Street, Birmingham

Architect: F. &. A. Wheeldon New premises for Messrs. Cooper & Co. including ground plans published in The Building News, May 2nd 1879. “The above premises were designed for Messrs. Cooper and Co....

06 July 2011

1884 – Birmingham and Midland Eye Hospital

Architect: Payne & Talbot Construction on the eye hospital began in 1881 in the Gothic Revival style and was completed in 1884. The building was used as offices and not as a hospital...

02 February 2011

1875 – Church of St. Catherine of Siena, Birmingham

Architect: Dunn & Hansom Published in The Building News, October 29th 1875.

21 October 2010

1887 – The Peoples Chapel, Great King Street, Birmingham

Architect: Crouch & Butler Front Perspective published in The Architect, December 30th 1887. Designedfor The Rev. A. Clifton Mogg.

21 October 2010

1888 – County Brewery, Aston New Town, Birmingham

Architect: Essex & Nichol Designed for Mr. W. King and published in The Architect, February 10th 1888.

Pages:1234Next »