Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Birr

09 March 2013

1815 – St. Brendan’s Church of Ireland, Birr, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Johnson / Sir Thomas Drew Built in 1815, to a design by architect John Johnson, with four-bay nave and five-stage tower. Extended in 1876 by Sir Thomas Drew, who added a...

28 August 2012

1824 – St. Brendan’s Church, Birr, Co. Offaly

Architect: Bernard Mullins A curious design for a Roman Catholic church, looking more like a design by the Board of First Fruits for the Church of Ireland. The 2nd Earl of Rosse donated...

09 December 2011

1803 – Birr Castle, Co. Offaly

Architect: Sir Laurence Parsons / John Johnston There has been a castle on the site since 1170, and from the 14th to the 17th century the O’Carroll family ruled from here over an...