Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Blackburn

20 February 2014

1898 – Palace Theatre, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: J.T. Wimperis & Arber The Palace Theatre of Varieties was opened on 11th December 1899, and was designed by Wimperis & Arbour, assisted by W.G.R. Sprague. Operated as a variety theatre, it...

01 February 2014

1901 – St. Alban’s Church, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Goldie Opened in 1901, designs first published in The Builder in 1897. Still in use as a Roman Catholic parish church today.

06 July 2011

1891 – High School for Girls, Blackburn, Yorkshire

Architect: Stones & Gradwell Published in the American Architect and Building News, June 6, 1891.

15 January 2011

1856 – Town Hall, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: James Paterson The construction of Blackburn’s original, Italian renaissance style town hall was completed in 1856 at a cost of £35,000. It originally housed a police station with 18 cells, a large...

15 January 2011

1880 – Villa, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Waugh & Isitt “We have received no particulars descriptive of this villa residence at Blackburn, of which we are enabled to give a plan and view of the entrance-front to-day. The materials...

23 October 2009

1875 – Congregational Church, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: J. Tabbing & Son From The Architect, December 4, 1875: The style of this church (which consists of nave, aisles, transepts, vestries, and organ chamber) is Gothic, of somewhat Early Decorated character....

29 June 2009

1873 – Free Library & Museum, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Woodzell & Collcutt Selected design after an architectural competition. Published in The Building News, January 3rd 1873.

29 June 2009

1901 – Police Courts and Fire Station, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Briggs & Wolstenholme