Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Blackrock

18 December 2014

1834 – Lord Cloncurry’s Tunnel, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Cole Proposal for a tunnel through Lord Cloncurry’s grounds, with pedestrian bridges at either end. In the end, only one footbridge was constructed, the towers of which stand today. At the...

29 May 2014

1922 – Oliver Plunkett Church, Blackrock, Co. Louth

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne One of the better designed churches of the early 20th century that largely managed to escape the granite-clad barn template of later years is the Church of St. Oliver...

13 December 2013

1739 – Frescati House, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Built for the provost of Trinity College, John Hely Hutchinson, it was later acquired in the 1750s by the Fitzgerald dukes of Leinster. rescati became one of their three principal residences alongside Leinster...

05 November 2012

1899 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Murray & Forrester Presbyterian church designed by John Campbell Murray of Murray & Forrester, of London. The building is designed in an octagonal shape fronted by a large tower containing the main...

26 October 2012

1829 – Blackrock Castle, Co. Cork

Architect: James Pain Blackrock Castle was in the ownership of the City of Cork following a charter of James I to the City in 1608. The castle is later referred to in the...

28 August 2012

1845 – St. John the Baptist, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne The church of St. John the Baptist was designed by Patrick Byrne in 1842 following a plan by A.W.N. Pugin which was published in the Dublin Review. The initial building...

15 August 2012

1909 – Former Post Office, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland Former Post Office designed by J. Howard Pentland of the Board of Public Works. Now a coffee outlet. Like many of the post offices constructed at this time, it...

09 December 2009

1886 – Rockford, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Built as a private residence for W.R. Bruce esq, then later in use as a convent, and now subdivided into private apartments. Perspective view including ground floor plans...