Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Board of Public Works

28 January 2010

1915 – Former Schoolhouse, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: Board of Public Works Typical design for 19th century schools across Ireland, this one at Howth is now in use as offices.

28 January 2010

1859 – Coastguard Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: James H. Owen – Board of Public Works Like others built along the Irish coastline, this coastguard station features a lookout tower and residential units for crews and their families. Here, the...

27 January 2010

1820 – Harbour Commissioner’s House, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Built in the neo-classical style with Dalkey granite in 1820. Contains an unusual staircase and is surmounted by a clock tower and signalling turret. Recently restored externally as the centrepiece of a modern...

30 September 2009

1860 – Model School, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: James H. Owen / Board of Public Works Austere Model School built by the Board of Public Works in 1860. Still in use today, the school had two separate entrances for boys...

29 September 2009

1850 – Former Garda Station, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: E.T. Owen / Board of Public Works Like many buildings around the country from the time of the British administration, the former Police Station in Monaghan has an urban legend connected. The...