Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Bray

15 April 2014

1868 – Violet Hill, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Fogerty A medium sized country house, originally finished in brick, and now rendered and painted. The stables and part of the house have been converted into apartments. For a time in...

26 March 2014

1886 – Parochial Hall, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Thomas Phillips Figgis Irish-born architect who was articles to Alfred G. Jones before moving to London, where he had a long career. His only recorded work in Ireland is this parochial hall...

14 August 2013

1860 – Old Connaught House, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Lanyon & Lynn A fine Tudor mansion by Charles Lanyon of Lanyon an Lynn, in the late 1850s, and completed by 1860. Published in The Builder, March 5 1859. “This mansion is...

14 March 2013

1860s – Loreto Convent, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: John Sterling Butler A Georgian house that was “gothicised” and later added to by John Sterling Butler. The gothic dress was added c.1834 and a large twenty-two sided conservatory was also added....

04 March 2013

1903 – St. Paul’s School, Herbert Rd., Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: J.F. Fuller School for the Church of Ireland, now demolished and a surface carpark.

04 March 2013

1862 – International Hotel, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: E.W. O’Kelly Constructed for the seaside resort of Bray with 130 bedrooms, making it a large hotel for its time. Destroyed by a fire in 1974 and subsequently demolished.

01 March 2013

1859 – Turkish Baths, Quinsborough Rd., Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir John Benson & Richard Barter Based on the principals of Dr. Richard Barter who was reponsible for a number of similar establishments in Ireland, and owned by William Dargan. Built in...

15 June 2010

1860 – Kelly’s Bath House, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Detached two-bay two-storey former bath house, constructed by John Kelly and provided hot, cold and open sea baths. To the north side is an enclosed rear yard. The building now is boarded up...

15 June 2010

1898 – Church of the Holy Redeemer, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architects: Patrick Byrne, W.H. Byrne Originally designed by Patrick Byrne in 1852, the church was heavily remodeled in 1898 by W.H. Byrne. Since then a new fa├žade and tower have been added giving...

Pages:12Next »