Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


01 March 2013

1859 – Turkish Baths, Quinsborough Rd., Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir John Benson & Richard Barter Based on the principals of Dr. Richard Barter who was reponsible for a number of similar establishments in Ireland, and owned by William Dargan. Built in...

15 June 2010

1860 – Kelly’s Bath House, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Detached two-bay two-storey former bath house, constructed by John Kelly and provided hot, cold and open sea baths. To the north side is an enclosed rear yard. The building now is boarded up...

15 June 2010

1898 – Church of the Holy Redeemer, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architects: Patrick Byrne, W.H. Byrne Originally designed by Patrick Byrne in 1852, the church was heavily remodeled in 1898 by W.H. Byrne. Since then a new fa├žade and tower have been added giving...

15 June 2010

1865 – Christ Church, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Slater A large and elaborate Church of Ireland, unusually so, as their churches tended to be more understated. This actually looks like a Roman Catholic church. The church is entered through...

15 June 2010

1860 – Martello Terrace, Bray, Co. Wicklow

A largely uniform terrace of eight houses built in 1860. A veranda and first floor Regency style balcony, with Chinoiserie railings. spans the front of the building, continuing across the whole grouping.

15 June 2010

1882 – Former Townhall, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Thomas Manly Deane Now a McDonalds outlet, the former Townhall was commissioned by the 11th Earl of Meath to look down the main street of Bray. Designed by Thomas Manly Deane and...

15 June 2010

1900 – Esplanade Hotel, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: James J. Farrall Remodelled in 1900 ‘on modern lines as a station hotel’. Originally may have been designed by George Wilkinson. The building is constructed in red brick with the ground floor...

15 June 2010

1820 – Killruddery, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Richard Morrison, William Slater, William Burn Now a lot smaller than completed after Earl of Meath demolished most of the entrance front in the 1950s when the building was discovered to...

15 June 2009

1906 – Ferry End Cottages, Bray, Berkshire

Architect: Todd & Wrigley

Pages:« Prev12