Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

C.J. McCarthy

05 December 2014

1916 – Fr. Mathew Square, Church Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Housing scheme for Dublin Corporation by the City Architect on site bounded by Church St, Beresford St, Mary’s La & N King St consisting of 4-roomed houses, 3-roomed houses and...

02 October 2014

1877 – Presentation Convent, Dingle, Co. Kerry

Architect: J.J. McCarthy & C.J. McCarthy The main building was constructed in 1877 to designs of J.J. McCarthy under the supervision of his son C.J. McCarthy. By 1886, the son, later Dublin City...

13 May 2014

1898 – Former Technical School, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy, William Mitchell Constructed in 1898 and extended by William M. Mitchell in 1900. Demolished in the 1960s to make way for the much large college buildings of 1968 by Hooper...

28 March 2012

1905 – Design for Fire Station, Tara Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Design concept for Tara Street fire station by the city architect C.J. McCarthy. Almost as built with the exception of the tower, which is a less imposing design than was...

28 March 2011

1909 – Fire Station, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy One of four early 20th century fire stations in Dublin by the City Architect C.J. McCarthy. This, now part of the NCAD campus, has been recently restored to show off...

13 April 2010

1901 – Former Fire Station, Dorset Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy A fine fire station designed by the city architect C.J McCarthy in 1901, this was one of a series designed by the architect in the city. The others are on...

07 April 2010

1912 – Institute of Technology, Bolton Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy This palatial building in red brick and Mountcharles Sandstone was designed by the City Architect Charles J. McCarthy and was built between 1909-12. McCarthy was the son of leading Victorian...

16 February 2010

1903 – Library, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Small library building run by Dublin Corporation now completely surrounded by the buildings of the Institute of Technology. A simple building of orange-red coloured brick, the roof is surmounted by...

11 February 2010

1909 – Gilbert Library, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy / Dublin City Architect’s Department Designed originally by the city architect C.J. McCarthy, and extended nearly one hundred years later by his successor, the Dublin City Architect’s Department, the Gilbert...

Pages:12Next »