Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Castlerea

01 November 2012

1896 – St. Patrick’s Church, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Goldie, Child & Goldie Imposing catholic church from English architect George Goldie, comprising nave, transepts, side aisles with two-storey sacristy to east and four-stage tower to north end of west front. The...

18 October 2012

1878 – Clonalis House, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon

Architect: F.P. Cockerell Two storey Italianate house designed for Charles O’Conor Don, replacing an earlier residence on Clonalis Estate dating from approximately 1750. This imposing building has 45 rooms and combines elements of...

16 September 2012

1790s – Castlerea House, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon

The earlier main block of seven bays was quite plain; while the 19th century wings had balustraded parapets. The three-bay side of the left wing served as the entrance front. In the later...