Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Cemetery

14 April 2012

1879 – Chapel for The Catholic Cemetery, Clitheroe, Lancashire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Perspective & interior Views including plan published in The Building News, July 11th 1879.

03 March 2011

1862 – The Colquhoun Mortuary Chapel, Woking, Surrey

Architect: John Johnson “The Mortuary Chapel illustrated in the accompanying plate is built entirely of Bath stone; the roof is of stone, carried on arches. Internally the sides are divided into compartments by...

04 February 2011

2010 – Glasnevin Trust Museum, Dublin

Architect: A&D Wejchert & Partners Glasnevin Cemetery is run by the Glasnevin Trust, the cemetery first opened in 1834, and from the beginning was completely open to people of all faiths. Very little...

28 June 2010

1886 – Chapel & Crematorium, Ayr, Scotland

Architect: C.F.A. Voysey Elevations, Sections, plans & details as published in The Building News, August 6th 1886.

07 January 2010

1874 – Cord Burial Ground Church, Drogheda, Co. Louth

A small gothic mortuary chapel with a particularly high pitched roof. The building is finished in rusticated limestone. Dedicated 21 June 1874. In the corner of the graveyard is the east gable of...

14 December 2009

1888 – Cardinal MacCabe Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed by George Coppinger Ashlin to upstage the recently completed church by J.J. McCarthy who was his main rival for Irish church commissions. The effigy of the cardinal is by...

04 November 2009

1875 – Crystal Palace Cemetery Buildings, London

Architect: A.G. Hennell From The Architect, January 30, 1875: We give illustrations this week of the buildings now being erected for the new cemetery between Anerley and Elmer’s End. The chapels are in...

22 October 2009

1875 – Hampstead Cemetery Chapels, London

Architect: Charles Bell From The Architect, October 9, 1875: These chapels are to occupy a central position in the cemetery at Fortune Green, Hampstead, about 20 acres in extent, and now in course...

27 September 2009

1880 – Cemetery Lodge & Lych Gate, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire

Architect: T.W. Cutler “The Cemetery Lodge and Lych-gate, given in this number of our journal, is built upon the Sutton Coldfield Burial-ground, with red brick facings, timber framing filled in with plaster, and...

Pages:12Next »