Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Charles Geoghegan

12 November 2015

1889 – School, Vicarstown, Co. Laois

Architect: Charles Geoghegan “Our illustration with present number shows a perspective view of the schools recently erected on the Vicarstown Estate, Queen’s County, formerly the property of James Grattan, Esq. They have been...

16 September 2015

1862 – Design for National Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Competition entry for headquarters of the National Bank on College Green. The National Bank was a competitior of the Bank of Ireland opposite and seen very much as a bank...

19 March 2015

1870 – Bolands, 133-136 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Designed as a bakery for Patrick Boland and incorporating an earlier Presbyterian church in Mary’s Abbey (a laneway to the rear). During construction, the remains of the chapter house of...

06 May 2014

1861 – St. Mary’s Institute for Catholic Blind Females, Harold’s Cross, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Proposal for an asylum for the blind at Harold’s Cross. Described by the architect, Charles Geoghegan as “The entire range of new buildings presents a frontage to the south of...

14 April 2014

1880s – Boland’s Bakery, 9 Georges St., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

One of the Boland’s retail shops around Dublin, this shop on George’s Street was a fine Victorian building, with ornate stucco and shopfront. Boland’s had several bakeries in the city as well as...

16 December 2013

1879 – Industrial School for Dublin Boys, Artane, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan The Artane Industrial school was set up in 1871 in Artane House by the Congregation of Christian Brothers. The school buildings were constructed between 1871 and 1879 to designs by...

17 September 2012

1889 – Cassidy Monument, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan From The Irish Builder: “The contact for the erection of the monument to the late Matthew Cassidty Esq., an illustration of which is given with our present number, has been...

28 March 2012

1866 – Former Bank, Cornmarket, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Former banch bank for the Royal Bank, later part of AIB. Now no longer used as a branch. Fine streetlevel facade with high but relatively plain banking office behind. The...

13 December 2011

1868 – Institution for the Deaf and Dumb, Cabra, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Published in The Irish Builder, Vol. X, No. 213, p. 273, November 1, 1868. Constructed of rubble stone with brick dressings, this was in use as St. Joseph’s Institution for...

Pages:12Next »