Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Charles Rennie Mackintosh

16 June 2009

1903 – Willow Tea Rooms, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh In 1903, Mackintosh got the commision to design new tearooms in Sauchiehall Street in 1903. He had previously undertaken some interior design for the client Miss Cranston. For the...

16 June 2009

1901 – House for an Art Lover, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh The House for an Art Lover was designed in 1901 by Charles Rennie Mackintosh with his wife, Margaret MacDonald. The house was originally designed for a competition to produce...

16 June 2009

1899 – Ruchill Church Hall, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh Ruchill Church Hall, designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, was built as a mission for the Free Church of Scotland and completed in 1899. The building provides two halls, with...

16 June 2009

1909 – Glasgow School of Art

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh The Glasgow School of Art campus is spread across 10 buildings, most of which are situated on Renfew Street in Garnethill. The Mackintosh Building, or ‘the Mac’ as it...

16 June 2009

1899 – Queens Cross Church, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh Queen’s Cross Church was started in 1896 by the Free Church of Scotland as St Mathew’s Church. It was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, who was at that time...