Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Cheshire

25 November 2014

1897 – Bank of Liverpool, Chester

Architect: Douglas & Minshull Designed by Chester’s famous architect John Douglas, and erected in 1897 for the Bank of Liverpool Limited. Their name and logo showing the Liver Bird, is carved into the...

05 November 2014

1901 – Hunting Box, Great Bowden, Cheshire

Architect: Coates & Johnson “This hunting-box has been erected for Mr. J. H. Stotes. The architects are Messrs. Coates and Johnson, of Market Harborough”. The Building News. A hunting box was a hunting...

08 May 2014

1899 – Town Hall, Dukinfield, Cheshire

Architect: Eaton, Sons & Cantrell “The site for the town hall, Dukinfield, is in King-street ; the building will be set back about 50ft. from the street. The elevations are of Accrington bricks,...

08 April 2014

1899 – Cottage homes, Styal, Cheshire

Architect: James P. Broadbent “The group of buildings herewith illustrated has been erected for the Chorlton Union. It comprises a lodge at entrance, which is used as a quarantine station, homes to accommodate...

08 April 2014

1898 – Design for Town Hall, Altrincham, Cheshire

Architect: Charles Hindle & Herbert Davenport “This design is the one chosen in the open competition, in which 26 architects took part this spring. It was submitted under motto “Vox Populi,” and was...

08 April 2014

1899 – Cottages, Port Sunlight, Cheshire

Architect: Ernest George & Yeates “Thisis a group of seven cottages, inclosing throe sides of a quadrangle. The treatment is exceedingly simple with rows of wooden casement windows and with rough-aiat walls above...

08 April 2014

1899 – Baptist Church, Northwich, Cheshire

Architect: Francis P. Halsall “The subject of this sketch, now approaching completion, is situated close to Acton Bridge Station, Cheshire, and is to replace the present building at Ouston, which is both too...

11 February 2014

1898 – Village Shops, Port Sunlight, Cheshire

Architect: Grayson & Ould “The distinguishing feature beyond the notable extent of the undertaking is the picturesque and varied character of their buildings, several leading architects having been engaged by the proprietors for...

11 January 2014

1898 – Design for Town Hall, Altrincham, Cheshire

Architect: F.W. Mee “This design was submitted in an open competition. The sum available was £4,000, which was to include a fire-station and caretaker’s house. The public offices are situated on the ground-...