Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Chillingworth & Levie

13 July 2015

1808 – Bearforest, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Morrison Constructed 1807-08 for Robert Delacour to designs by Sir Richard Morrison. Inscribed on the entablature over the entrance ‘est ubi depellata somnos minus invida cura’ from Horace Epistle 1.10. A...

16 January 2011

1930 – Cork Gas Consumer Co., Patrick St., Cork

Architect: Chillingworth & Levie Remodelled in an art deco style in 1930 by Daniel A. Levie. Demolished.

07 April 2010

1926 – Hammam Building, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Chillingworth & Levie / H.G. Leask Part of the post-1916 rebuilding of this part of O’Connell Street, quite an austere facade with some nice detailing. Named after the Hammam Family Hotel and...

06 November 2009

1926 – Winthrop Arcade, Cork

Architect: Chillingworth & Levie One of Munster’s oldest covered shopping arcades, Winthrop Arcade, built in 1926, has a distinctive mock Tudor fa├žade. The original polished brass shop fronts with stained mahogany doors remain...

06 November 2009

1923 – Debenham’s, St. Patrick’s Street, Cork

Architect: Chillingworth & Levie Replacing an earlier department store that was burned down in 1920 along with most of this part of St. Patrick’s Street. A distinctive design with the oddly shaped copper...


Skip to toolbar