Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Church of Ireland

29 September 2009

1858 – Church of Ireland, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Joseph Welland The fine Church of Ireland in the Diamond in Clones dominates the town and area, as it can be seen for several miles as you approach the town. It is...

29 September 2009

1763 – Church of Ireland, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Joseph Welland Simple Church of Ireland by the Board of First Fruits with a tall slender tower and long nave. The tower is all that remains of the 1670 church erected by...

29 September 2009

1858 – Church of Ireland, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Joseph Welland & Son A simple and austere Church of Ireland set on a hillside overlooking the small village of Killeevan, the tower and spire were later additions. The external detailing of...

29 September 2009

1790 – Former St. Luke’s Church of Ireland, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan

Set in an old graveyard, now only the tower remains of this former Church of Ireland. The stepped tower has a simple Georgian doorway surmounted by a plaque with a Latin inscription. A...

29 September 2009

1855 – St. James Church of Ireland, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Barre Designed by William Barre who died before it was complete, this is a fine little Church of Ireland which has recently had a restoration. The asymmetrically sited tower marks the...

28 September 2009

1820 – Church of Ireland, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: John Bowden One of the larger Board of First Fruits churches due to the town’s status as a garrison town, the Church of Ireland has a fine galleried interior. Full, it can...

28 September 2009

1819 – Church of Ireland, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Built in 1819, the church replaced an earlier parish church in Church Street. The church contains a memorial to Charles Coote Esq. who died in 1842.

28 September 2009

1828 – Church of Ireland, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Architect: On the highest point in the town, the Church of Ireland has a fine, if short, tower and spire. It was built on the site of an earlier church built between 1622...

28 September 2009

1832 – St Patrick’s Church of Ireland Cathedral, Armagh

Architects: Lewis Cottingham / Thomas Drew The present Anglican cathedral in the city is mostly a 19th century restoration of the 13th century shell and is sited on a hill in the centre...