Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Church of Ireland

09 December 2013

1743 – Church of Ireland, Drumcondra, Dublin

In 1743 the dilapidated old church of the parish of Clonturk was rebuilt by a Miss Coghill as a memorial to her brother, Dr. Marmaduke Coghill, who died in 1738. After the renovations,...

04 October 2013

1789 – Christ Church, Delgany, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Whitmore Davis / Joseph Welland / John McCurdy Founded in the late 1780s, built by Peter La Touche at a cost of £5,000 and possibly designed by Whitmore Davis, with later work...

16 September 2013

1834 – Trinity Church, Catherine St., Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Joseph Fogerty Built as a Church of Ireland chapel for a nearby Asylum for Blind Women. The money for construction was raised in Ireland and England by Rev. Edward Newenham Hoare. Now...

13 August 2013

1858 – Church of the Holy Trinity, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: Joseph Welland The central part of the church was constructed by 1843 to the designs of an unknown architect – on a t-shaped plan. By the mid 1850s, extending was required, and...

25 July 2013

1776 – St Anne’s Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Francis Hiorne Commisioned by by Arthur, 5th Earl of Donegall, and named after his wife, St Anne’s was designed by English architect Francis Hiorne of Warwick. Constructed on the site of the...

13 July 2013

1827 – New Whitechurch, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Semple In 1827, a new parish church, officially titled ‘New Whitechurch’, was consecrated, blessed and opened for public worship by the Archbishop of Dublin. The church’s architect was John Semple, the...

12 July 2013

1810 – St. Munis Church of Ireland, Forgney, Co. Longford

Unusual church design with two curving bays flanking the tower over the entrance. The impressive bell tower and unusual vestibules were added in 1813 at the expense of the Countess of Rosse in...

12 July 2013

1813 – St Sinian’s Church of Ireland, Tyrrellspass, Co. Westmeath

This attractive church was largely built under the patronage of Jane Countess of Belvedere, who also laid out the crescent at this time and was responsible for the construction of many of the...

09 July 2013

1872 – Holy Trinity Church, Westport, Co. Mayo

Architect: Thomas Newenham Deane Fine Church of Ireland on site provided by 3rd Marquess of Sligo who also provided £1200 towards cost of erection, replacing church of 1797 on different site. Completed and...