Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Church of Ireland

23 April 2013

1829 – St. Maelruain’s Church of Ireland, Tallaght, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Semple A new church, constructed in 1829, using the fabric of an earlier church, and re-using a medieval tower as a belfry. Prior to 1829, St Maelruain’s church was built up...

22 April 2013

1864 – St. Jude’s Church, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Constructed between 1862 and 1864 in an Early English gothic style at a cost of £4,000. Demolished in 1988, leaving only the tower and spire. Supposedly the stonework was...

16 April 2013

1824 – St. Philip and St. James Church, Booterstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Bowden & J. Rawson Carroll Constructed on a site donated by the Earl of Pembroke and funded a grant by the Board of First Fruits, a further donation of money by...

18 March 2013

1843 – St. Patrick’s Church, Clonevan, Co. Wexford

Architect: Frederick Darley St. Patrick’s Church at Clonevan (also spelt Clonevin) is in the Church of Ireland parish of Ardamine, County Wexford in the Diocese of Cashel and Ossory. The church was erected...

18 March 2013

1861 – Christ Church, Gorey, Co. Wexford

Architect: Joseph Welland Aan impressive church built in the ‘Modern English style’ to designs prepared by Joseph Welland on a site originally donated by Stephen Ram of nearby Ramsfort House. The church possibly...

14 March 2013

1884 – St. Mary’s Church of Ireland, Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Richard O’Brien Smyth Selected after an architectural competition, and constructed between 1882-84. In plan, cruciform with a porch to the north-east and a tower to the south-west. Photograph courtesy, and copyright of...

14 March 2013

1899 – St. Saviour’s Church, Arklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Arthur W. Blomfield Designed by noted English church architect Sir Arthur W. Blomfield, the gift of 5th Earl of Carysfort William Prob, in memory of his parents, brothers & sisters. Blomfields’s...

14 March 2013

1832 – Saint George’s Church, Kenagh, Co. Longford

Architect: William Farrell The original church was erected at expense of Jane, Dowager Countess of Rosse – believed to be around £2,000. The church is a single-cell church with shallow projections on each...

14 March 2013

1859 – Blessed Lady of the Rosary Church, Lanesborough, Co. Longford

A former Church of Ireland building, converted for use as the local Roman Catholic church in 1915. The change of congregation and various rebuilds over the years have given it a curious appearance....