Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Church of Ireland

14 March 2013

1899 – St. Saviour’s Church, Arklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Arthur W. Blomfield Designed by noted English church architect Sir Arthur W. Blomfield, the gift of 5th Earl of Carysfort William Prob, in memory of his parents, brothers & sisters. Blomfields’s...

14 March 2013

1832 – Saint George’s Church, Kenagh, Co. Longford

Architect: William Farrell The original church was erected at expense of Jane, Dowager Countess of Rosse – believed to be around £2,000. The church is a single-cell church with shallow projections on each...

14 March 2013

1859 – Blessed Lady of the Rosary Church, Lanesborough, Co. Longford

A former Church of Ireland building, converted for use as the local Roman Catholic church in 1915. The change of congregation and various rebuilds over the years have given it a curious appearance....

09 March 2013

1867 – St. Peter’s Church of Ireland, Aungier Street, Dublin

Architect: E.H. Carson A rebuilding of an earlier church from 1752. Described as a restoration at a cost of nearly £7,000, retaining only the nave walls of the original church. The earlier church...

09 March 2013

1815 – St. Brendan’s Church of Ireland, Birr, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Johnson / Sir Thomas Drew Built in 1815, to a design by architect John Johnson, with four-bay nave and five-stage tower. Extended in 1876 by Sir Thomas Drew, who added a...

09 March 2013

1731 – Church of Saint Lachtan, Freshford, Co. Kilkenny.

The site of a church from 1100; however all that is left is the beautiful Hiberno-Romanesque architectural porch and doorway. The remainder of the present church was built for Protestant worship in 1731....

09 March 2013

1812 – Church of Ireland, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary

Architect: James Sheane This church is a fine example of early nineteenth-century church architecture in Ireland. Originally designed by James Sheane, whose name is inscribed on a datestone in the tower, the church...

07 March 2013

1913 – Church of Christ the Redeemer, Myshall, Co. Carlow

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Also known as the Adelaide Memorial Church. Built as a memorial to Constance Duguid, an englishwoman who was engaged to be married to a member of a local landowning family....

06 March 2013

1810 – St Patrick’s Church of Ireland, Ardagh, Co. Longford

St Patrick’s Church , Ardagh , County Longford (1809) Constructed in 1810 with the three stage tower added several years later. The tower has cut stone corner pinnacles and Irish style crenellated parapet....