Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Church of Ireland

02 March 2011

1868 – Design for St. Ann’s Church of Ireland, Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Newenham Deane Designed in a Lombardo-Romanesque style, this building was never completed with the northern tower remaining without the ornate belfry designed for it. This has disrupted the flow of...

03 February 2011

1802 – St Etchan’s Church, Killucan, Co. Westmeath

There has been a church on this site since the time of the Normans. The present church on the site dates from 1802. Inside this church is a 13th century font. On the...

17 July 2010

1714 – St. Luke’s Church, The Coombe, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh In 1708, an act of parliament was passed which divided the parish of St. Nicholas Without and giving part of it the denomination of St. Luke’s. A Glebe House was...

06 July 2010

1863 – Findlater’s Church, Parnell Square, Dublin

Architect: Andrew Heiton In the 1860s the growth of the Prebsyterian congregation and a substantial increase in rent on the Mary’s Abbey property made it desirable for the congregation to seek new premises....

15 June 2010

1865 – Christ Church, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Slater A large and elaborate Church of Ireland, unusually so, as their churches tended to be more understated. This actually looks like a Roman Catholic church. The church is entered through...

09 June 2010

1190 – St Audoen’s Church of Ireland, High Street, Dublin

This is one of the oldest existing churches in Dublin. A Norman church to St Ouen was built here in 1190 to replace an earlier structure dedicated to St Colmcille. It is said...

13 April 2010

1686 – St Michan’s Church of Ireland, Church Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Robinson This structure dates from 1685-86 and was built on the site of an earlier structure founded by the Danes in 1095. Originally St Michan’s was built to serve the...

09 April 2010

1931 – St. Thomas Church of Ireland, Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks The original church of this parish stood on Marlborough Street but was destroyed like much of the area in fighting during the Civil War of 1922. During the reconstruction,...

09 March 2010

1831 – St. Mary’s Church of Ireland, Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

A cruciform structure with pinnacle gables, tower and a graceful spire, was built in 1831. It has two memorials to the soldiers of “The Great War” (1914-1918). On an interior wall at the...