Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Church of Ireland

22 January 2010

1832 – St. Laurence’s Church of Ireland, Chapelizod, Co. Dublin

Built in 1832, the little church has a much older tower, dating from the fourteenth century, that was remodelled in 1859.

22 January 2010

1789 – St. John’s Church of Ireland, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland The present St. John’s Church was built in 1789 and substantially extended in 1854 by Joseph Welland. The medieval church which stood on this site was demolished in 1785 to...

21 January 2010

1813 – St. George’s Church of Ireland, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Detached early Gothic Revival Church of Ireland church, built in 1813, on a T-shaped plan comprising of three-bay nave transversed at third bay by single-bay transepts to east. In...

20 January 2010

1864 – St Bartholomew’s Church of Ireland, Clyde Road, Dublin

Architect: T.H. Wyatt On a wonderful leafy corner site in the heart of suburban Ballsbridge, Bartholomew’s was designed in a Gothic Revival for Sidney Herbert, of the Earls of Pembroke. The original design...

19 January 2010

1285 – St Canice’s Cathedral, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

The cathedral was built between 1202 and 1285 in an early English Gothic style out of the local limestone. Over the centuries, it has been restored and renovated many times notably by Sir...

19 January 2010

1820 – St. John’s Priory, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: William Robertson Priory with medieval roots, much of the original church was demolished or incorporated into this small parish church. The Augustine priory was founded by William Le Mareschal in c.1220. In...

08 January 2010

1630 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

St Mary’s Church of Ireland is, curiously, incorporated into the outer wall of St Patrick’s College, and was originally built as a private chapel for the castle. In 1248, it was made a...

07 January 2010

1807 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Drogheda, Co. Louth

A simple First Fruits church from 1807, with a three bay nave with pointed windows with Y tracery. It has a rectangular sanctuary at the eastern end. The tower is of three stages...

07 January 2010

1752 – St. Peter’s Church of Ireland, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Hugh Darley Built on the site of an earlier church, St Peters is a fabulous example of a Georgian church. It has been described as “probably the finest provincial Georgian church in...