Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

churches

13 August 2013

1876 – Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: W.H. Lynn Designed in the Gothic Revival style by noted architect W.H. Lynn and completed in 1876, the church was home to one of the largest Methodist congregations in Belfast. The church...

13 August 2013

1858 – Church of the Holy Trinity, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: Joseph Welland The central part of the church was constructed by 1843 to the designs of an unknown architect – on a t-shaped plan. By the mid 1850s, extending was required, and...

25 July 2013

1776 – St Anne’s Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Francis Hiorne Commisioned by by Arthur, 5th Earl of Donegall, and named after his wife, St Anne’s was designed by English architect Francis Hiorne of Warwick. Constructed on the site of the...

25 July 2013

1870 – St. Enoch’s Presbyterian Church, Carlisle Circus, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Anthony Thomas Jackson Erected in the early 1870s, it was one of the largest Presbyterian churches in all of Ulster. St Enoch’s had a magnificent theatre-like interior with two tiers of galleries...

17 July 2013

1874 – St. Peter’s Church, Eaton Square, London

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield St. Peter’s was designed in a classical style by the architect Henry Hakewill, completed by 1827, and featured a six-columned Ionic portico and a clock tower. In 1874, the...

16 July 2013

1849 – St. Mary’s Church, Saggart, Co. Dublin

Work began in 1844 on the foundations of Saggart church, the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Work on the structure began in 1847, and the dedication of the church...

16 July 2013

1873 – Church of St. John the Baptist, Yengarie, Queensland

Architect: Frederick Rogers Published in The Building News, November 14 1873: “The view of this church, taken from the northeast, represents a design in which the excessive heat of the climate has been...

15 July 2013

1875 – St. Andrew’s Church, Adforton, Herefordshire

Architect: J.P. Seddon St. Andrew, Adforton was built as a Chapel of Ease to Leintwardine parish in 1875. It is simple and small rectangular building, with a wagon roof. Adforton also doubles as...

15 July 2013

1923 – War Memorial Chapel, Dean Close School, Cheltenham

Architect: Leonard W. Barnard The School, originally “The Dean Close Memorial School”, was founded in 1886 in memory of local former of Cheltenham and Dean of Carlisle Cathedral, Francis Close (1797–1882). In the...