Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


28 September 2009

1837 – Scotch Church, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray A simple church with a plain and shallow Palladian façade with a central doorway. The interior features a curving carved balcony. Fine ironwork gates and piers.

27 September 2009

1880 – Proposed New Church, Maesllwch, Radnor, Wales

Architect: Weatherley & Jones “This church, to accommodate 232 persons, was designed to cost £2,000, exclusive of the spire and belfry stage ; the materials being local grey- stone with Forest of Dean...

27 September 2009

1880 – Wesleyan Chapel, King Richards Road, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Redfern & Sawday Perspective view including ground & 1st floor plans from The Building News, March 19th 1880.

27 September 2009

1880 – Haven Green Baptist Church, Ealing, London

Architect: J. Wallis Chapman The buildings were designed by J. Wallis Chapman, who also built Baptist chapels at Watford, Wisbech and Paddington. T. Nye was the local contractor. Perspective view including plan published...

27 September 2009

1884 – St. Michael’s Church, Folkestone, Kent

Architect: Bodley & Garner

27 September 2009

1884 – New Church, Collier Row, Essex

Architect: Ernest C. Lee Perspective view published in The Building News, December 26th 1884.

27 September 2009

1880 – Congregational Church, New Barnet, Hertfordshire

Architect: John Sulman “The plan of this church consists of nave and aisles of the usual relative proportions, but there is only a single granite column on each side forming any appreciable obstruction...

25 September 2009

1897 – Presbyterian Church, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Simple little Presbyterian church with an unusual entrance porch almost the full width of the building.

25 September 2009

1867 – Methodist Church, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: William Barre A fine Palladian facade with projecting Corinthian portico, this Methodist church also has a fine interior. From the exterior can be seen two sweeping staircases to the horse-shoe shaped gallery...