Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

churches

15 July 2013

1875 – St. Andrew’s Church, Adforton, Herefordshire

Architect: J.P. Seddon St. Andrew, Adforton was built as a Chapel of Ease to Leintwardine parish in 1875. It is simple and small rectangular building, with a wagon roof. Adforton also doubles as...

15 July 2013

1923 – War Memorial Chapel, Dean Close School, Cheltenham

Architect: Leonard W. Barnard The School, originally “The Dean Close Memorial School”, was founded in 1886 in memory of local former of Cheltenham and Dean of Carlisle Cathedral, Francis Close (1797–1882). In the...

13 July 2013

1827 – New Whitechurch, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Semple In 1827, a new parish church, officially titled ‘New Whitechurch’, was consecrated, blessed and opened for public worship by the Archbishop of Dublin. The church’s architect was John Semple, the...

13 July 2013

1880s – St. Patrick’s Church, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Small Roman Catholic Church surrounded by presbytery and school, all finished and detailed in stone.

12 July 2013

1810 – St. Munis Church of Ireland, Forgney, Co. Longford

Unusual church design with two curving bays flanking the tower over the entrance. The impressive bell tower and unusual vestibules were added in 1813 at the expense of the Countess of Rosse in...

12 July 2013

1866 – St. Paul’s Church, Emo, Co. Laois

Architect: J.S. Butler The site for the church was a gift from Lord Portarlington, and the parochial house and lands beside the church were granted by the Earl of Portarlington at a nominal...

12 July 2013

1813 – St Sinian’s Church of Ireland, Tyrrellspass, Co. Westmeath

This attractive church was largely built under the patronage of Jane Countess of Belvedere, who also laid out the crescent at this time and was responsible for the construction of many of the...

12 July 2013

1877 – Church of the Assumption, Delvin, Co. Westmeath

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Fine French Gothic church designed by G.C. Ashlin. Not completed as originally designed, the spire never achieved its intended height. A story has it that the design wasn’t originally intended...

12 July 2013

1887 – Rearcross Church, Co. Tipperary

The church was originally designed by a Swiss architect for a Wesleyan congregation as temporary structure in Northumbria and used by a mining community there. In 1887, the parish priest of Kilcomman in...