Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

churches

13 February 2015

1827 – Meetinghouse, Fisherwick Place, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Thomas Duff Opened 20 Sep 1827. Demolished to make way for Presbyterian Assembly building. Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, Views in Belfast (1833), as “Erected in the year 1827-28, is built...

13 February 2015

1828 – Presbyterian Meetinghouse, May Street, Belfast

Architect: William Smith Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, Views in Belfast (1833), as “Is raised on framed foundations. The front is of modern or Scammozzian Ionic, having two columns and four pilasters,...

02 February 2015

1865 – High Altar of St Alphonsus Liguori, Limerick

Architect: George Goldie High altar and reredos, designed by George Goldie, in church previously constructed to the designs of Philip Hardwick.

26 January 2015

1885 – First Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Architect: Kees & Fisk The third home for the First Baptist Church when the present structure was built in 1885 at 10th street and Hennepin avenue. The building was designed by the firm...

22 January 2015

1870 – Chapel, Loreto Convent, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Extending an already established convent, Ashlin designed a new wing comprising recreation hall and dormitory, and chapel. Started in 1868, the dedication of the church was held on 16 April...

13 January 2015

1857 – Sinclair Seamen’s Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Lanyon & Lynn Constructed between 1856 and 1857 in memory of John Sinclair in a Venetian style. A unique interior shipyard workers, dockers and sailors at the time of Titanic would have...

12 January 2015

1818 – Chapel, Female Orphanage, North Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: William Farrell Kirwan House or The Female Orphan House was a female orphanage on Dublin’s North Circular Road established in 1791. Destitute Girls, whose both parents were deceased, were placed in the...

09 January 2015

1889 – Second Presbyterian Church, Ballywalter, Co. Down

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Ballywalter is one of the oldest Presbyterian Congregations in Ireland, beginning with the Rev James Hamilton in 1626. Opened in 1889. “This church which occupies a prominent site in...

07 January 2015

1867 – United Presbyterian Church, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty Original design, the tower and spire of which was not completed, published in The Irish Builder, May 15 1868. “This church (the foundation-stone of which was laod on the 6th...