Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


24 March 2015

1779 – First Presbyterian Church, Dunmurry, Co. Antrim

Architect: Roger Mulholland The Dunmurry congregation was established in 1676 and a meetinghouse was built on this site of which no traces remain. In 1714 a second church was built, part of which...

17 March 2015

1882 – Church of the Holy Trinity, Seapatrick, Banbridge, Co. Down

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew, Seapatrick Parish can trace its history back to the 5th century when tradition has it that St Patrick camped overnight to rest on his journey from Downpatrick to Armagh....

17 February 2015

1861 – St. Mary’s Church, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan

Architect: James Hughes Probably designed by James Hughes, of Charlemont, Co Armagh who died in 1875. The Builder of 7 August 1875 notes that ‘the deceased was an architect of ability’ with ‘several...

17 February 2015

1812 – St. George’s, High Street, Belfast

Architect: John Bowden Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, Views in Belfast (1833), as “Situated in High-street, and erected in the years 1811-12, on the site of an old church taken down in...

13 February 2015

1833 – Christ Church, College Square, Belfast

Architect: William Farrell Designed to accommodate 1,650, consecrated 25 July 1833 and closed June 1993. After lying redundant for several years, it suffered severe fire damage in 1996, with just four walls and...

13 February 2015

1827 – Meetinghouse, Fisherwick Place, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Thomas Duff Opened 20 Sep 1827. Demolished to make way for Presbyterian Assembly building. Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, Views in Belfast (1833), as “Erected in the year 1827-28, is built...

13 February 2015

1828 – Presbyterian Meetinghouse, May Street, Belfast

Architect: William Smith Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, Views in Belfast (1833), as “Is raised on framed foundations. The front is of modern or Scammozzian Ionic, having two columns and four pilasters,...

02 February 2015

1865 – High Altar of St Alphonsus Liguori, Limerick

Architect: George Goldie High altar and reredos, designed by George Goldie, in church previously constructed to the designs of Philip Hardwick.

26 January 2015

1885 – First Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Architect: Kees & Fisk The third home for the First Baptist Church when the present structure was built in 1885 at 10th street and Hennepin avenue. The building was designed by the firm...