Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

churches

08 April 2014

1899 – Baptist Church, Northwich, Cheshire

Architect: Francis P. Halsall “The subject of this sketch, now approaching completion, is situated close to Acton Bridge Station, Cheshire, and is to replace the present building at Ouston, which is both too...

07 April 2014

1899 – Presbyterian Church, Cushendall, Co. Antrim

Architect: William J. Fennell From The Building News: “A new Presbyterian church was recently opened at Cushendall, Co. Antrim. It is constructed of stone, and is Early English in style. Mr. William J....

04 April 2014

1871 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Kilmoyley, Co. Kerry

Architect: George C. Ashlin Design published in 1868, but the foundation stone was not laid until 1871, with dedication in 1873. “Our principal illustration with this No. is a view of the Catholic...

04 April 2014

1869 – St Moling & St Carthage Church, Brosna, Co. Kerry

Architect: George C. Ashlin Revised design for catholic church in Brosna -the initial design had a tower and spire, but due to costs, a simple belfry on the west facade was decided upon....

01 April 2014

1849 – St. John’s Church of Ireland, Ballinderry, Co. Derry

Architect: Joseph Welland Fine yet simple Church of Ireland by Joseph Welland.

01 April 2014

1899 – Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church, Roath, Cardiff, Wales

Architect: John H. Phillips Built in an Lombardic-meets-Arts and Crafts inspired style with two storeys and a basement, a gable entry plan and flanking towers. In 1985 this building was converted for use...

31 March 2014

1865 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Arless, Co. Laois

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Fine gothic exterior with spire on an elevated site makes Pugin & Ashlin’s church at Arless a landmark in the local landscape. The interior has some original fittings, with...

28 March 2014

1899 – St. Michael’s Church, Abertillery, Wales

Architect: C. Hodgson Fowler Largely constructed as designed minus the tower and spire, still in use today by its congregation. “This church has been erected on the site of a much smaller one,...

26 March 2014

1878 – Presbyterian Church, Ballymacarret, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A church, at Ballymacarrett on the Newtownards Road, completed in 1878 to a design by Young and Mackenzie. The graceful round tower adds vertical emphasis to what is rather...