Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

churches

13 November 2009

1867 – Ferrybank Catholic Church, Co. Waterford

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin / Ashlin & Coleman Built in two phases, this church was started by Pugin & Ashlin in 1867. They added a tower and spire to the front of a...

13 November 2009

1862 – Catholic Church, Tramore, Co. Waterford

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Typical composition of the architect J.J. McCarthy with the offset tower. The church has none of the lightness of some of his other work – being quite foreboding and grim....

12 November 2009

1100 – St. Farannan’s Church – Donaghmore, Co. Tipperary

Medieval church consisting of a nave and chancel with a finely detailed doorway and chancel archway. The doorway has good Romanesque detail as does the chancel arch capitals. The gables were probably restored...

12 November 2009

1875 – St. Peter’s and Pauls’ Church, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan, G.C. Ashlin Construction took so long that both the original architect, O’Callaghan working in anusual style for him, and the replacement, Ashlin, had died. A robust romanesque style, the interior...

12 November 2009

1867 – St. Mary’s Church, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

Architect:John B. Keane, John Bourke, G.C. Ashlin, George Goldie Designed by John B. Keane, St. Mary’s took over twenty years to complete and Keane died during construction. The church was then completed by...

11 November 2009

1818 – Church of Ireland, Cahir, Co. Tipperary

Architect: John Nash

11 November 2009

1827 – St Munchin’s Church of Ireland, Limerick

Architect: James Pain Built in 1827 on the site of the original St Munchin’s church replacing a medieval church. It was renovated by the Civic Trust in 1980 and it is now used...

10 November 2009

1879 – Church of St. Mary, Speenhamland, Berkshire

Architect: George Edmund Street Perspective view as published in The Building News, May 30th 1879.

10 November 2009

1862 – St. Mary’s Church, Dingle, Co. Kerry

Architect: J.J McCarthy St. Mary’s was originally a neo-Gothic church designed by J. J. McCarthy. The foundation stone was laid in 1862. It originally had a nave and aisles separated by arcades, supported...