Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


06 November 2009

1836 – St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Cork

Architect: George Pain An excellent classical portico supported by six Corinthian columns, all topped by a campanile, makes this one of Cork’s finest classical buildings. The campanile is a cruciform tempietto supporting a...

06 November 2009

1943 – St. Augustine’s Catholic Church, Cork

Architect: Dominic O’Connor Unusual church embedded into the streetscape following existing parapet and street lines. With its cut stone and Hiberno_Romanesque doorway, the church could be easily ignored as a piece of catholic...

05 November 2009

1804 – Christ Church, Church of Ireland, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Abraham Hargrave Church of Portland stone with tower and spire on the site of 13th century Cistercian abbey. The contractors were William Deane and William Kearns. According to Lewis’s Topographical Directory of...

05 November 2009

1798 – St Mary’s Roman Catholic Church, Youghal, Co. Cork

05 November 2009

1220 – Collegiate Church of St Mary, Youghal, Co. Cork

St Mary’s Collegiate Church is one of the oldest churches in the country and occupies a site devoted to religious worship since early Christian times. The building is now a National Monument. The...

05 November 2009

1842 – Former Methodist Church, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Lee Builder: J. Murphy, Bantry.

05 November 2009

1828 – St. Brendan the Navigator, Church of Ireland, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: Henry Edward Kendall Fine Regency Gothic church designed by English architect Henry Edward Kendall. Described by Samuel Lewis, in A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), as ‘a neat edifice in the early...

05 November 2009

1881 – St. Chad’s Church, Hopwas, Staffordshire

Architect: John Douglas “The above church, which has been built mainly by the exertions of the Vicar of Tamworth, the Rev. W. MacGregor, is situated on a beautifully wooded and elevated site just...

04 November 2009

1875 – Design for Baptist Church, Bath St., Glasgow

Architect: George Baines From The Architect, January 30, 1875: “Designs were recently submitted by the following architects in a limited competition for this church, none of which were accepted: – Messrs. R. Baldie,...