Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


02 November 2009

1884 – New Church of St. John, Scarborough, Yorkshire

Architect: C. Hodgson Fowler Perspective View including plan & details published in The Building News, March 7th 1884.

02 November 2009

1881 – Church of St. Germans, Adamsdown, Cardiff

Architect: Bodley & Garner The site was the gift of Lord Tredegar who laid the foundation stone on 18 April 1882. It was consecrated on 9 March 1886 and the Parish was formed...

02 November 2009

1881 – Mission Church, Algernon Rd., Lewisham, London

Architect: James Brooks “This church is now in course of erection in the Algernon-road, Lewisham, from the designs of Mr. James Brooks, architect. The drawing from which our plate is taken is shown...

02 November 2009

1881 – St. Cuthbert’s New Church, Ushaw, Durham

Architects: Dunn & Hansom Ushaw College (St Cuthbert’s College, Ushaw) is a Roman Catholic seminary, founded at Douai as the English College, Douai in France in 1568, which moved to Ushaw Moor, four...

01 November 2009

1879 – Church of Our Lady, Torquay, Devon

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son

30 October 2009

1992 – Apparition Chapel, Knock, Mayo

Architect: A & D Wejchert The Apparition Chapel is designed to seat 150 people and to house the tableau depicting the apparition of Our Lady at Knock on 21st August 1879.

30 October 2009

1989 – Reconciliation Chapel, Knock, Co. Mayo

Architect: de Blacam & Meagher The Chapel of Reconciliation was the award winning entry of an architectural competition held in the autumn of 1989. The client’s brief required “that the new chapel must...

25 October 2009

1884 – St. Augustine’s Church, Croydon, Surrey

Architect: John Oldrid Scott St Augustine’s church is a distinguished building, predominantly in the Decorated style. However, the window tracery of the side aisles is Perpendicular. As originally constructed, it consisted of a...

23 October 2009

1875 – Wesleyan Chapel and School, Chichester, Sussex

Architect: Alexander Lauder From The Architect, December 25, 1875: This chapel, the foundations of which are just commenced, is being built on an advantageous site in one of the principal streets of the...