Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

churches

28 September 2009

1930 – St. Michael’s Church, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son St. Michael’s church was built in 1930, and was designed by Dublin architect, Ralph Henry Byrne, son of William H. Byrne. It was richly decorated with Italian...

28 September 2009

1956 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son Unattractive church from the 1950s, designed by Simon Leonard of William H. Byrne & Son, Dublin. The building is described by the diocese as Hiberno-Romanesque but somehow...

28 September 2009

1828 – Church of Ireland, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Architect: On the highest point in the town, the Church of Ireland has a fine, if short, tower and spire. It was built on the site of an earlier church built between 1622...

28 September 2009

1863 – St. Aiden’s Church, Butlersbridge, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Hague This church designed by local architect William Hague, and is one of his most important early works. It was built on land donated by the local landlord, the Earl of...

28 September 2009

1837 – Scotch Church, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray A simple church with a plain and shallow Palladian façade with a central doorway. The interior features a curving carved balcony. Fine ironwork gates and piers.

27 September 2009

1880 – Proposed New Church, Maesllwch, Radnor, Wales

Architect: Weatherley & Jones “This church, to accommodate 232 persons, was designed to cost £2,000, exclusive of the spire and belfry stage ; the materials being local grey- stone with Forest of Dean...

27 September 2009

1880 – Wesleyan Chapel, King Richards Road, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Redfern & Sawday Perspective view including ground & 1st floor plans from The Building News, March 19th 1880.

27 September 2009

1880 – Haven Green Baptist Church, Ealing, London

Architect: J. Wallis Chapman The buildings were designed by J. Wallis Chapman, who also built Baptist chapels at Watford, Wisbech and Paddington. T. Nye was the local contractor. Perspective view including plan published...

27 September 2009

1884 – St. Michael’s Church, Folkestone, Kent

Architect: Bodley & Garner