Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

churches

23 September 2009

1867 – Saint Patrick’s Church, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Originally designed by the Pain brothers in 1836, the interior is Gothick in style with later fittings by S.F. Hynes. The exterior however is by E.W. Pugin and G.C....

23 September 2009

1867 – Convent of Mercy, Skibbereen, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin This chapel, just erected by Mr. W. Murphy, Bantry, has been dedicated. It is in connection with the existing convent, which is situated on an elevation at eastern entrance...

23 September 2009

1869 – Ballyhooley Catholic Church, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin “This church, of which we give an illustration, is to be erected on a suitable site near Mallow, Co. Cork, for the Rev. Mr. Burton. The architects have been...

23 September 2009

1872 – Sacred Heart Church, Monkstown, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Designed by E.W. Pugin & G.C. Ashlin in 1866, opened in 1872, but the church was not finally completed until 1881 when the spire was finished. Built out of...

23 September 2009

1873 – Holy Trinity Church, Crosshaven, Co. Cork

Architect: William Burges Designed by William Burges after he had won the commission for St Finn Barre’s Cathedral in Cork, this little parish church was never completed. After the main body of the...

22 September 2009

1929 – First Presbyterian Church, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Lang, Raugland & Lewis Designed in a Gothic Revival style that has been described as Scottish, this church was designed by a Minneapolis based firm Lang, Raugland & Lewis. The exterior is...

22 September 2009

1917 – Pontoppidan Lutheran Church, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Haxby & Gillespie Designed by Haxby & Gillespie, architects. It was dedicated in the spring of 1917, though services were held there beginning in the fall of 1916. The cornerstone on the...

22 September 2009

1919 – First Lutheran Church, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Magney & Tussler A fine church in an English Gothic Revival, the First Luthern Church was was built in 1919 by Minneapolis firm Magney & Tussler. Eschewing the more traditional stone, this...

20 September 2009

1880 – Church at Salcombe, Devon

Architect: John D. Sedding Birds eye perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, July 23rd 1880. “The nave of Salcombe Church, Devon, was built thirty years since. It is now...