Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Clonmel

18 October 2012

1852 – Railway Station, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Murray & Denny Fine railway station with adjoining stationmaster’s house built for the Waterford & Limerick Railway Company. The building is finished in a grey ashlar. The route was commenced in 1848...

18 October 2012

1881 – Town Hall, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

The original town hall was built in the seventeenth century on the site of a private mansion called Hamerton Hall, owned by Richard Hamerton, a timber merchant. The building became an Inn in...

12 November 2009

1875 – St. Peter’s and Pauls’ Church, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan, G.C. Ashlin Construction took so long that both the original architect, O’Callaghan working in anusual style for him, and the replacement, Ashlin, had died. A robust romanesque style, the interior...

12 November 2009

1857 – Clonmel Church of Ireland, Tipperary

Architect: Joseph Welland Somewhere under the Victorian additions is a medieval church – largely rebuilt by Joseph Welland in 1857, and later added to by his son in 1864. There is a fine...

12 November 2009

1867 – St. Mary’s Church, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

Architect:John B. Keane, John Bourke, G.C. Ashlin, George Goldie Designed by John B. Keane, St. Mary’s took over twenty years to complete and Keane died during construction. The church was then completed by...