Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Clontarf

03 February 2014

1838 – St. John The Baptist Church, Clontarf, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne / Ashlin & Coleman Original church designed by Patrick Byrne in a Perpendicular Gothic, opened in 1838. Described in Lewis Topographical Dictionary of Ireland: “Clontarf chapel was built after a...

30 November 2011

1748 – Royal Charter School, Clontarf

Architect: In 1733 King George III granted a charter that provided protestant education for the poor. The chartered school system attempted to educate children in the scriptures as well as teaching them about...

28 November 2011

1845 – Clontarf Railway Bridge, Dublin

A fine stone double-arched bridge under the railway embankment.

27 October 2011

1883 – O’Brien Institute, Marino, Clontarf, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Now known as the O’Brien Institute, this building was to serve as an orphan home and school, financed by a trust that was founded by Bridget O’Brien in 1876. After...

19 March 2011

1880 – St. Anne’s, Clontarf, Co. Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Large Italianate mansion designed for the 1st Lord Ardilaun as his Dublin residence. Known for its rich interior, in particular a top-lit two-storey entrance hall. The house and grounds were...

08 February 2011

2004 – Pumping Station, Clontarf, Co. Dublin

Architect: de Paor Architects As part of a programme of public space design initiatives for Dublin City Council in association with the Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland, a phased programme of works...

08 February 2011

1934 – Bull Island Shelters, Clontarf, Co. Dublin

Architect: Herbert G. Simms The bathing shelters and Kiosk on the Bull Wall were designed by Herbert Simms, (Housing architect to Dublin Corporation from 1932 until 1948), in 1934. Including 17 structures along...

17 September 2009

1880 – Design for O’Brien Institute, Marino, Clontarf

Architect: John L. Robinson Now known as the O’Brien Institute, this building was to serve as an orphan home and school, financed by a trust that was founded by Bridget O’Brien in 1876....