Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Antrim

29 July 2015

1869 – St. Malachy’s Diocesan Seminary, Belfast

Architect: John O’Neill Constructed on the former Vicinage Park, just north of Belfast city centre. Constructed both as a school and a diocesan seminary, a model followed by many dioceses across Ireland. St....

14 July 2015

1879 – Glenmachan House, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons “For William Ewart, Esq., J.P>, Belfast, there is being erected a large-sized villa with four sitting rooms, eight bed-rooms, hot and cold baths, lavatory, two w.c.’s, ample pantries...

06 July 2015

1866 – Arnott’s Warehouse, Bridge St., Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons Destroyed during the 1941 Belfast Blitz along with its later extension of 1899 on the corner with High Street. Arnott & Co. rebuilt their department store after the...

06 July 2015

1865 – Design for Albert Memorial Clock, Belfast

Architect: Raffles Brown “The illustration in this number is a design sent in to the recent Albert Memorial Competition in Belfast, by Raffles Brown, which, although not one of those which came to...

29 May 2015

1611 – North Gate, Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim

Lord Deputy Sir Arthur Chichester enclosed Carrickfergus with stone walls from 1611 onwards and more than half the circuit is still visible, often to its full height of 4 metres to the wall...

29 May 2015

1856 – Joymount Presbyterian Church, Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim

Italianate church, schools and manse constructed between 1855 amd 1856 to designs of an unknown architect.

20 May 2015

1905 – Northern Bank, Whitehead, Co. Antrim

Architect: Godfrey W. Ferguson Designed by Godfrey W. Ferguson who was architect to the Northern Banking Co. and designed many of its branch banks across the country. Included living accommodation for the branch...

20 May 2015

1882 – Methodist Church, Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close Demolished in 2008.

20 May 2015

1901 – Temperance Hotel, Whitehead, Co. Antrim

Originally opened as a Temperance Hotel at the railway excursion resort of Whitehead. Later known as Sunshine House, now a much altered private residence.

Pages:1234567...23Next »

Skip to toolbar